I want to tell you. (But I seal my lips at this moment; borrowing hers for this time.) Of this little glow of light someone dared enough to shine on my resting eyes. (I did not know him then; a returning foreigner in my eyes. I thought so highly of myself.) And she followed close behind (or rather her/his voice I did) sang to me words I've never heard of. Like a song I have grown up with but with a crescendo of a melody for always. (My arms knew only to give in and I threw away the stones I have collected along the way, one at a time—I almost threw you away too.) I breathed as she sang close, held my breath when she would walk away.
Darkness, fuzziness, shapes, silhouettes—
A slight glimmer from her eyes.
A new song
of nights that have long since ended and daybreak past.
Am I truly awake?

0 comments:
Post a Comment