ALDI

/ Wednesday, 19 February 2014 /
When UQ4, my life group back in Brisbane, combined with another for the summer break, I refused to take the initiative to talk to other people. I stuck with other UQ4 people and only spoke with them unless someone from UQ10 starts a conversation with me. I did not always keep the ball rolling either. For two months, I acted even more introverted and I do not exactly regret it.

However, suddenly having to start from scratch again in this city, I made the decision to return to my roots: extraversion. It might actually seem like my orientation days back in Ateneo. When I see someone in the hall or kitchen, I do my best to acknowledge and greet them. I engage in small talk and really present myself as someone amiable. I am not sure whether this comes out wrong or not but I truly am trying to make connections.

If I desire to have meaningful relationships with people, I feel that I cannot bear to wait for other people to just randomly stumble upon me and chat with me. I think that opportunities do not appear out of nowhere and that I have to be out there to actually see and seize them.

A few days ago, I had an astounding encounter with a homeless guy who stays along Elizabeth St near Flinders Lane. It was such a remarkable and insightful moment for me and it absolutely is in my heart to share about it. I have been planning to record my own voice to tell you the story and hopefully, my words reach you.

Academic Advice Day is tomorrow so I need to prepare some things beforehand. I will make sure that this year is going to count.

My first ever note on my board.
 
Copyright © 2010 Sewing Feathers, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger