This year, I got you nothing. At one in the morning, I was drawing Kakashi on my birthday card for you but I fell asleep thinking of my classmate whose birthday is today as well. As I look at it now, I realize that it didn't really come out the way I wanted it to so I think it's best for me not to give it. I hope the two pieces of yema I give you every now and then will suffice for my lack of preparation this time.
It has been a little over nine months since you became the eldest child here at home, hasn't it? I wonder when I actually began calling you "Ate Andrea." You were and are, as far as I have known, more reliable than I am in basically everything. You tell me to clean my bed every morning, wash my face every night, and do my homework everyday. Of course I hated it. Who likes to be nagged anyway? But it's probably part of being an older sibling.
Now that I remember, didn't I use to have the authority? I used to scold you when we were little. Every little mishap in my life was your fault. I couldn't find my favourite shirt. Your fault. I broke my crayon in two. Your fault. I forgot my ballet shoes. Your fault. I still remember kicking you because I was so angry I didn't know who and what to vent it on. I'm glad you never told Mommy. I'm glad you didn't think of committing suicide after that.
We don't really look alike, do we? You have white skin; I have dark. You have a nose and I almost got none. You have small eyes; I have round ones. You have smooth skin; I'm hairy. Except for the fact we're both in love with food given our size, we probably don't have that many common denominators. I think I like it that way though. At least, we can still battle on who is actually prettier. If we looked similar, then there's no point in it, is there?
And because I just wrote four paragraphs that don't even lead to any point, I should just conclude this with a "Happy Birthday!" Tama na ang pagtangkad, kawawa naman ako. Ate mo pa rin ako kaya dapat mas matangkad ako in the end!