:-h :'(

/ Tuesday, 24 April 2012 /
I've always believed that you can never miss anything you didn't have nor experience. You can never feel bad about not going to a graduation ball because you'll never know how it would have been if you went. You can't get sad over transferring to another school to complete your secondary education, when you are clueless of what could have happened if you stayed in your former school. You choose something over another, and it becomes completely useless to wonder what would have come your way if you were on the other side of the fence; you can't predict events accurately, nor can you rewind time. 

However, when you realize that it would be the last chance you'll ever get to meet the people that made years of your life worth it, you... I feel so stupid for forgetting. Why didn't I carefully read the date of that Facebook event? Why didn't I mark it in my phone calendar? Why didn't I see that those two emoticons that completed the event title were more than enough to put anyone to his senses? The twins were leaving, everything had been set, and that day was supposed to be another memory to reminisce in the future. Well, the event did take place, only I didn't exist in that place at that time.

I hate regrets. It traps people, detaching them from the present and placing them in empty space--a non-existing time frame, while the rest of the world goes on. I've always shove off this kind of thoughts and as far as I remember, I've managed to do so for the last sixteen years of my life, except not this time. It's not that I can't, I just won't. After all, it's not wrong to dwell on sadness every now and then, is it?  Is there a need to deprive yourself of that other half of yours who's dying to live that alternate reality even for a moment?

I'm sorry. With all that I am, I apologize. I've failed to make the right decisions, and I may never get the chance to tell you how wonderful you both are, but wherever life may lead us to, I will remember. I remember.

You're both really taller than me now, and a lot skinnier. Stay alive, and may the force be with you. 
 
Copyright © 2010 Sewing Feathers, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger