They say that if you sleep longer, you’ll grow taller, and they were right. I did grow taller. I did grow up. I learned my alphabet in Mathematics searching for the x and y coordinates of the intersection of these two lines that will never meet again except for that one point. I memorized all the phyla of the Animal Kingdom and knew which ones have spinal cords and which ones don’t. I found out about the law of entropy and how everything has the nature to fall into disorder. I answered countless of Physics problems on how much force it should take to push a crate on top of an inclined plane but I always knew that I missed out on something because even after years of changing uniforms and staring at thousands of slides on the white screen never have I ever managed to calculate
how much more
sleep
I would need
until I'd say,
“I’ve had enough. I’m waking up.”