Insomnia?

/ Thursday, 6 February 2014 /
I have been finding it difficult to sleep these days which is quite unusual for someone like me who has a knack for sleeping. When I settle down to sleep, I normally get these random thoughts in my head but as I lie down, little by little, my thoughts become quieter until I fall asleep unaware of my last conscious thought. It really does not take long.

However, these recent nights have been long periods of eyes closed but mind racing. I try to be in an atmosphere of resting but the thoughts that run through my head never seem to die down even as I remain still. My mind goes through one scene to another and I am kept awake in each of them. Although they are not horrible thoughts themselves, I find myself tired after long minutes of suspended rest. It is like being trapped in a theatre and watching a never ending play of all sorts because somehow they have drugged you so that your eyes are peeled to the stage.

It has been long since I last treated sleep as a form of escapism. I wonder if it has come to betray me now.
 
Copyright © 2010 Sewing Feathers, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger