A Stranger to my Brother

/ Sunday, 15 May 2016 /
Our conversations have dwindled to vague statements of "I'm doing well in life, in case you're thinking I am unhappy or troubled". Our conversations, not ever lasting more than five replies of answers and avoidance.

I wonder very often whether we will see eye to eye again. Perhaps, it will not come 'til you think of slipping off the shoes we both used to wear, but which I have taken off without warning. Maybe not until something goes terribly amiss. But that I am doubtful of, because there's always a form of reasoning to find a silver lining. And still do I wonder, if then, you'd seek again for our family or we would already become too unfamiliar, even hostile to you.

I wonder if I should simply keep reminding myself that it is best to let you go. Not in the sense that you deserve your own freedom (for I have already tried my hardest to seal my lips of disdain I feel towards those shoes that you look at with much hope), but that I also do. After all, there's more than a month's worth of probability lessons I need to learn for the upcoming finals and someone I need to further explain to, on why Canada's a nice place to live in.

In any case, I do wish you are doing well, despite worrying you might truly be unhappy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 Sewing Feathers, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger